2017-2018 SunTrust Off to College Scholarship Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN ONLY TO U.S. CITIZENS OR U.S. PERMANENT RESIDENTS WHO ARE 13 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, HAVE A PERMANENT ADDRESS IN AL, AR, FL, GA, MD, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (D.C.) AT THE TIME OF ENTRY AND WHO ARE, DURING THE 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR, EITHER HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS OR UNDERGRADUATE COLLEGE STUDENTS PLANNING TO ENROLL IN AND ATTEND, IN THE FALL OF 2018, A U.S. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION TITLE IV ELIGIBLE, 2 OR 4 YEAR PUBLIC OR PRIVATE COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY LOCATED IN ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C.
The 2017-2018 SunTrust Off to College Scholarship Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by SunTrust Banks, Inc., 303 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30308 (“Sponsor”), and is administered by Brandmovers, Inc., 590 Means Street, Suite 250, Atlanta, GA 30318 (“Administrator”).
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on September 12, 2017, at 12:00:01 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) and ends on May 11, 2018, at 11:59:59 A.M. EDT (“Sweepstakes Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official clock of the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Period will be broken out into fifteen (15) separate entry pools (each, an “Entry Pool”) as set forth in the Entry Pool and Drawing Chart in Official Rule #4 below.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to natural persons who are United States citizens or permanent U.S. residents, are 13 years of age or older, and have a permanent address in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, or the District of Columbia (“D.C.”) at the time of entry, who are, during the 2017-18 school year, either high school seniors or undergraduate college students planning to enroll in and attend, in the fall of 2018, a U.S. Department of Education Title IV eligible 2 or 4 year public or private college or university located in the 50 United States or D.C. Eligibility is not based on GPA or financial need. Void in Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other U.S. territories and possessions, and where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, Administrator and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, and companies involved in the implementation and execution of the Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) and each of their respective immediate family members (i.e., spouse, parent, child, sibling and the “steps” of each) and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in this Sweepstakes, an individual who meets the eligibility requirements and enters the Sweepstakes agrees to be bound by these official rules (“Official Rules”) and that the decisions of Sponsor shall be final and binding in all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes.
- HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: During the Sweepstakes Period, an eligible entrant must visit https://offtocollegesweepstakes.suntrust.com (“Website”) and complete the online registration form by providing his/her complete name, address, city, state, zip code, date of birth, phone number, email address, and selecting one of the two options indicating current student status (high school senior or undergraduate student). Upon hitting submit and agreeing to the official rules, the entrant will gain one entry into the Sweepstakes (an “Entry”). Limit of one (1) Entry per person/email address per entry period listed in the Entry Pool and Drawing Chart in Official Rule #4 below. By entering the sweepstakes, entrants agree to receive future emails from SunTrust about its products and services. Entrants may choose to unsubscribe from Sponsor’s promotional e-mails at any time by visiting the Sponsor’s Consumer Privacy Preferences page , and either calling the Sponsor at the number given on that page, completing the Consumer Privacy Preferences Opt Out form, or opting out from any promotional e-mail receive from the Sponsor.
- RANDOM DRAWINGS/WINNER NOTIFICATION: The Administrator will randomly select two (2) potential prize winners from each Entry Pool on the dates set forth in the Entry Pool and Drawing Chart below, from among all eligible Entries received per Entry Pool. Non-winning Entries from any Entry Pool WILL NOT be carried over to subsequent Entry Pools. Potential winners will be sent a winner notification email on or about the day of the random drawing, by Administrator, via email (“Message”) as provided at the time of registering for the Sweepstakes. Sponsor's decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of potential prize winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Failure of a potential winner to respond (via email or call to the Administrator) to the Message within three (3) calendar days of notification, or return of message notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts will result in disqualification and an alternate potential winner may be selected.
- PRIZES,ODDS OF WINNING AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): Thirty (30) PRIZES (Two (2) per Entry Pool): Each prize winner will receive a lump sum payment for $500.00 made payable directly to their college or university in which the winner has successfully enrolled in the fall of 2018 and Sponsor has verified such enrollment. ARV: $500.00 each. Prizes are nontransferable, and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, or component thereof, for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Estimated odds of winning a prize, based on prior year’s results, ranged from 1 in 1,482 to 1 in 5,956, varying according to the number of Entries received for each drawing in each Entry Pool. Each eligible Entry in an individual drawing will have an equal chance of winning with any other Entry received for that drawing. Total ARV of all prizes: Up to $15,000.00. Prize Limit: An entrant may only win one (1) prize.
- HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE: Each potential prize winner is deemed to be a potential winner pending (1) a response to the Administrator, as outlined in Official Rule #4, (2) verification of the winner’s eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules as determined by Sponsor, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, (3) completion and submission by each potential prize winner of the Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release as set forth below, (4) each winner following the actions required, including deadlines, in the paragraph below, and (5) Sponsor’s verification from the potential winner’s college or university that the potential winner is successfully enrolled in that college or university for the fall of 2018 (collectively, “Winner Verification”). Per the preceding paragraph, each potential winner will receive an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release that must be completed, signed and returned to Administrator within ten (10) calendar days of receipt of such documents. As a condition of receiving a prize, each potential winner will also be required to provide to Sponsor or Administrator the full name of the college or university that potential prize winner is attending no later than June 15, 2018. The Sponsor will make a final attempt to contact the winner in order to obtain the name of the college or university that the winner is attending between June 2, 2018 and June 10, 2018. If the potential prize winner does not provide Sponsor with the name of the college or university he/she is attending by June 15, 2018, he/she will forfeit his/her right to the prize, and an alternate may be selected, time permitting, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If Sponsor is unable to verify by August 15, 2018, that the winner is successfully enrolled in an eligible institution for the Fall of 2018, then the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be chosen by the Administrator from the same Entry Pool in which the ineligible winner entered. Further, if any potential prize Winner fails to return the documents within the ten (10) calendar days, or if the potential prize Winner is found to be ineligible, or if any potential prize Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules or the requests of Sponsor, then that potential prize Winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion in potential winner’s place, at random, from among all eligible non-winning entries from the same Entry Pool that the ineligible winner entered into for the Sweepstakes. Payments/prizes due to each winner hereunder will be made directly to his/her college or university and no payments/prize will be awarded directly to the prize winner.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, Web masters and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due or undeliverable email notifications; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections or availability; or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/website/UseNet accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; or any technical, mechanical, printing or typographical or other error; or unauthorized human intervention; or the failure to capture or loss of any such information. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any website users, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Website or any Sweepstakes-related website(s). This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and by the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be binding and final; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his or her rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes; and (iv) to forever and irrevocably agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any Sweepstakes-related activity or element thereof, and the entrant’s entries, participation or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (b) the violation of any third-party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights; (c) typographical or printing errors in these Official Rules or any Sweepstakes materials; (d) acceptance, receipt, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, nonuse, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of a prize (or any component thereof); (e) any change in prizes (or any components thereof) due to unavailability or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action[s], regulation[s], order[s] or request[s] prove[s] to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slowdown, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot or any other cause beyond any of the Released Parties’ control, or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules; (f) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation or modification of the Sweepstakes; (g) human error; (h) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any part of any entry; (i) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of a website or any telephone network, computer system, computer online system, mobile device, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider or mail service utilized by any of the Released Parties or by an entrant; (j) interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems.
- DISPUTES: Entrant agrees that(i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Sweepstakes or the determination of winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate Georgia State Court; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FORINCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsors in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Georgia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Georgia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Georgia.
- GENERAL: Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as described herein is void. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules, the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
- WINNER’S LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: Sweepstakes results will be listed on the Website until May 1, 2018. After May 1, 2018 and up until August 31, 2018, Sweepstakes results may be obtained by sending a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to SunTrust Off to College Scholarship Sweepstakes Winner’s List, c/o Brandmovers 590 Means Street, Suite 250, Atlanta, GA 30318. The request for the winner’s list by mail must be received by August 31, 2018. For a copy of these Official Rules, see the Website.
THE POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR AND SPONSOR’S DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES.
|Entry Pool and Drawing Chart|
|Entry Pool #||Start at 12:00:01 PM EDT on:||End at 11:59:59 AM EDT on:||Random Drawing on or about:|